Tuesday, July 5, 2011

RABBIT HOLE

I have totally disappeared down a rabbit hole of research and idea generation in the last couple of weeks. Good in one way, but I've not posted anything and feel stretched to capture it all now in my blog post catch ups. So in an attempt to just get some of my efforts up on my blog, here is a small exploration of expressing grapheme colour synaesthesia. I will post some sketches and doodles, some image and typographic developments, and some idea and concept developments over the next few days. As always my delicious account is active and for anyone interested checking out my REV and Synaesthesia  tabs reveals some the digging I've been up to. I will try to improve on keeping you posted!


In this visual I am juxtaposing the letters and words as we see them with added element of colour perception on the right  - removing the letterforms and paring back the perception to just the colours. For someone with this form of syanesthesia the colours are as indicitive of the letters, as the form of the letters themselves. There are just an integral part of how they perceive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment