I'm photographing it in the college on Monday so that I'll have a better chance of some decent shots of the acetate layers, die cuts and envelope pages and the reflection page too - which I really like. Looking forward to getting it up here on the blog! Finally! And looking forward too to getting some time back with my family.
Thursday, September 29, 2011
Done... but not Quiet dusted
I'm feeling great relief tonight - the book is printed and looking good. There was a bit of a technical hiccup with one section yesterday, which needed to be re printed today, so this project continues to work me to my limit, but I am pleased with how its come together and amazed too at how bulky it seems. I feel justified in my late nights of writing and designing when I hold it in my hands. It's been an absolutely insane couple of months getting it off the ground. I feel utterly shattered but seeing it printed and having done the die cutting and collating tonight I'm feeling pretty pleased with what I have achieved. As is always the case for me there are elements that I am less sure about visually and that I know I could have developed further but that is always part of my experience in design and in this instance I am far more accepting of those elements having surrendered this project to personal voice. It's miles from where I started with the visual development at the beginning of REV and I suppose thats a good thing although I do have some regrets at the amount of time lost in the early stages having spent so much time grappling with After Effects. In any case I am now the proud owner of a 100 page book. Although it won't officially be a book until I get it bound tomorrow... and that will be the moment I can really breath a sigh of relief... hopefully!
Labels:
REV
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well done Steph, I can sense the relief in you. Lokking forward to seeing it.
ReplyDeleteAudrey