This is a post for Ollie and Joanne.
I meant to post these images a while back but better late than never.
I took them at the recent show of Hughie O'Donoghue's latest exhibition entitled 'The Road' during the Galway Arts Festival. They are very beautiful paintings and I thought they might be of interest to you - both thematically and stylistically. Needless to say my photos are not doing doing them justice here but if they are of interest I'm sure a quick google search might give some useful results for you. It looked like he had overpainted on to large photographic prints, and the effect was visually beautiful and full of mystery.
The way he had captured the light through some of the windows reminded me of what you too are capturing Ollie in the Granny Peggy project and there seemed relevance for you Joanne in the overpainting technique as well as the subject matter. Hope it may be of some help!
No comments:
Post a Comment